… of small things.
Joy is something you create on your own for you and the people around. You don’t really need a big reason to find joy.
During our courtship, one day my husband said something for fun which made me cry.I cried. He felt bad. Apologized. But I couldn’t stop crying. He took me to a shop. I was quiet. I accompanied him. He asked me to go and do some shopping for my niece. And after few minutes, here he comes with a huge teddy bear which brought a smile on my face. He never made me cry again. I still tease him that he is scared of another expensive gift hence he is scared of making me cry 🙂
Joy doesn’t always come with a price tag. There are many simple ways to spread joy. Here are some.
- Pull your head out of the computer screen, your phone screen or television screen, go grab a nice strong coffee take your loved one on to the roof top. Talk and walk while you enjoy the sip.
- How about playing in the sand or mud with your child? Or just turn the shower on and play in the water?
- Take out those paints and splash them on the Tee.
- Cook for your wife or just order and let her relax.
- Tell your boy or girl to skip home work once a while. I’m serious. Tell their teacher about the reason. Spend that time together playing.
- How about sending a snail mail to your best friend?
- How about calling your helper and ask her to take off ?
- How about making some special tea for her when she is not well?
We know that there is no tooth fairy and no Santa. We still believe in them just to make others happy. Try and make more events and be another Santa or a tooth-fairy.
If celebrating new year, Christmas, Rose day, Valentine’s day or any other day can fill people with joy, why not celebrate? It doesn’t need to be big and expensive.
We at home try and enjoy every small event.
We celebrated when she took her first step, she sprouted her first tooth, when I left my job, When my daughter went to her playschool for the first time. You don’t need any reason to fill the joy.