… say it, show it..
Recently, in a mothers forum on facebook, a lady asked a question to other members.
“When was the last time your husband said ‘thank you’ or ‘gave any compliment’ ?”
90% of the women said,
- Don’t remember
- Before wedding
- Thank you? My husband doesn’t know what that means
- For few days after wedding
Felt really bad reading hundreds of comments from disappointed ladies. Don’t they deserve appreciated or at least acknowledged for all the work they do for the family?
My little girl kisses me at least a hundred times a day. Is she not being grateful?
My husband keeps surprising me with flowers, gifts, thank you messages and some long emails.
That day, I realized how lucky I am.I asked that question to myself.
Am I grateful to people around? Am I expressing it? I do acknowledge but I do not appreciate much. I don’t express it but I wanted to.
- I sent a birthday card with a letter to my husband. I told my daughter how grateful I am to have a such a well behaved girl. I told my mother that the desert she made for my daughter was yummy.
- I have a cook who comes in the morning and prepares breakfast and lunch, most of the times she cooks before even I could get up. If awake, I make sure to tell her that the dish she made the previous day tasted good. My husband does the same. She smiles and says thank you. We both know most of the times we do not like the taste but we feel thankful for her for coming early in the morning and making our lives easy.
- I make sure to offer tea and breakfast to my helper who comes for cleaning, before she could start working. She must have tired working in many houses. Small gestures are enough to be thankful.
Do you miss thanking people? Look around. Say it Now. That makes a lot of difference. can’t say? message, pin a note anywhere he / she can see, send a card, flowers or just a mail.
You never know if tomorrow exists. Being grateful and expressing it makes anyone more loyal and loving.